Something about diffserv!

Hello,

As we know that there are four kinds of AF in diffserv architecture, and each kind
has three different priorities. So, there are 12 different kinds of AF, is it
right? Of course, each AF has its recommended DSCP value. Then, we know the AF is
classified into four differnt classes, such as AF1, AF2, AF3, and AF4. But in a
Diffserv domain, and in the core router, there will be a classifier which will be
used to classify the flow into different class, is it right? Then, this classifier
is according to the DSCP value in the packet, right? My confusion is what is the
difference between the classes(AF1,2,3,4) and the classifier in the core router?

Thanks,