allocating b/w

> From: Payal Rathod <payal-lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: lartc <lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject:  allocating b/w
>
> Hi,
> A majority of our work inolves ftp to my clients' side over our
> slow connection. Now we need to allocate a greater b/w for this
> protocol. Is there anyway I can do it using lartc easily?
> Any suggestions on this please?
>
> With warm regards,
> -Payal

Stef Coen already gave you an answer. I 'll show you another path if you wish
to follow. It requires patching the kernel , but then you will be able to do
packet filtering in Layer 7..

e.g.

filter all ftp traffic to HTB class 3:1 (which is 100kbps and can borrow
unsused traffic up to 1000kbps)

see http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/

Antonios Chalkiopoulos