Re: [Linux-HA] cl_status trouble

> What's the best was to determine which node is the
master (or active)
> node?
>
> AFAICT using "cl_status rscstatus" is the best way.
I either get all or
> none as a result with the master or active node
returning 'all' and the
> slave or standby node returning 'none'.
>
> I need determine the master (or active) node for
certain cron jobs that
> I don't want to run on both nodes.

Personnally I wrote a resource.d script that creates a
file /var/run/ismaster (Ismaster, see attached files),
that I include in haresources. The test in other
scripts is very simple, then :
[ -e /var/run/ismaster ]

For people interested in Crontab stuff, i attach my
resource.d script that
comments/uncomments scripts that don't have to be run
on the slave.
Sorry all this is in french...But easy to understand.
You may have already written it, Edward, but this may
help others

Now I always use theses two scripts so that the
haresources in my clusters begin like this :
node.domain Ismaster Cronscripts::root
Cronscripts::other_user etc. blablabla

> > 1.2.3 has cl_status set up as setgid to hacluster,
and then has a default
> > authorization which allows group hacluster to run
cl_status.

Well, you told me 'setgid haclient', not hacluster in
your reply to my msg
"cl_status USAGE". And I replied that it worked with
my Debian 1.2.3 package
:
<<GREAT !!
Thanks, it works. This looks like an oversight in
Debian's package, so :
#chgrp  haclient  /usr/bin/cl_status
#chmod g+s /usr/bin/cl_status
for those who had the same problem.>>

The problem seems to be corrected in latest Debs : see
the msg "RE:cl_status USAGE" from Horms