Re: QoS and arp packets.

George Alexandru Dragoi wrote:
Hello list,

I'm having problems with HTB on a machine. I noticed that after a
while the machine seems off-line after i start the htb script. After
some debugging i realised the problem stays in the arp packets send by
the machine, which are delayed or dropped. Because of that i had to
remove the default class. Is there a way to match arp packets ?
because i want to add them to the class destinated for the machine
itself.

Someone recently posted this - but you may not need it if you can make your rules specifically mark/shape protocol IP or TCP etc.

Andy.