Considering starting business to support Linux QOS

Hi all,

I find the whole QOS area quite fascinating and I'm considering starting a small business to try and push QOS solutions in general to small and medium sized businesses. I would of course be happy to push Packeteer and Cisco kit to those who want it, but to be honest the product of choice from a cost and functionality point of view seems to be linux

I would appreciate any feedback from those who already either run businesses doing this kind of thing, or perhaps just folks who contract in this area generally.

I am quite naive when it comes to selling this kind of thing, and have always worked for big businesses directly before (have never even contracted):

- What kind of issues am I likely to face? - What did you find to be the most productive form of advertising?
- Did you find it difficult to show the customer what they are buying? (It's not a common product at the moment?)
- With packeteer and Cisco charging such rediculous prices, is there a ready market for products based more on a time and materials basis than an annual rental fee?

I'm going to be working in London and the South of London so I imagine I won't be treading on the toes of most of the list!

Thanks

Ed W