Re: outbound shaping

You are correct on my setup.

I am currently trying the addition that Andy recommended and it appears to be working. I am marking the ACK packets from the uploader and it seems to be fine now. No slow down for uploads and outbound is shaped nicely. I will continue to test to make sure everything is AOK.
Mark

Sorry for the reply to myself.

There are some drawbacks to the method i am using, im just not sure if they will actually affect anything. With this method, ANY traffic on ports 50000-51000 leaving my box will be shaped. Not sure if there is any other programs out there that use these ports.

I have found an excellent utility to do the shaping also. Its called 'pyshaper'. I am testing it also. It seems to work nicely. I have it set to shape outbound connections based on username. It runs netstat every 15 seconds and picks the transfers on certain usernames and shapes them on the fly. Works very well in my situation. I will continue to test both options to see which is best for me.

Thanks for all the help.

Mark