Re: simple dual Internet connection setup not sending return packets on correct interface

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 09:39 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> To followup on my own posting, with more information...

And yet more...

> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 10:59 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > I have a very simple setup exactly as described in the HOWTO section "
> > 4.2. Routing for multiple uplinks/providers".
> >
> > One is cable (eth1: dhcp) and the other is PPPoE (ppp0).
>
> These are both on the same physical interface, eth1.  IOW, the PPPoE
> packets are sent to the PPPoE "modem" on eth1.  eth1 is also plugged
> into the cable provider's "modem" as such:
>
>                            +---------- Cable Modem
>      +--------+            |
>      |   GW  eth1 ------| HUB |
>                            +---------- PPPoE Modem

Which is irrelevant.  I have just put a third NIC in the machine to put
the PPPoE and Cable connections on different NICs and still the same
problem.  Packets have PPPoE's source address, but are sent physically
on Cable connected NIC.

b.