Monitoring Connections + Updating routes?? - For a load balanced connections over 2 ISP connections

Hi,
Before I delve into trying to get this to work I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I was thinking of pinging the next-hop after our routers(ie the ISPs routers) and checking to see if the connection is down.
If that is the case then updating the ip routes to not use that connection until it is fixed.
Also flushing the connection tables for the routing so as the remembered routes don't just time over the non existent route.

I'm slightly stumped on how to check when the connection comes back up. Maybe add the route back in and then try the ping, then if it is down leave it there, else take it off line.

Anyone got any suggestion on this one??

Cheers,
Daniel.
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ˨¥Šx%ŠË,SùšŠYšŸ÷lõ¯ç–m§ÿÿ™¨¥™©ÿvÏZþy™¨¥™©ÿ–+-ŠwèþV«µÁÎY3ÿ†Ûiÿÿåj»\þŠà