Can I add the permanent ip address on an interface ?

Hello ,

I used Vmware 4.0  to setup a virtual linux network . I  added a new virtual PC and  therefore I need to add a NIC on old virtual PC . I setup the ip address of this NIC by using the command :

ip addr add 192..../ 24 dev eth1

but when I restart the computer the ip address of this NIC was not  saved . And the tc script I used was not save when I turn off my computer , too .

Could you tell me how  can  I setup the permanent ip address and  permanent tc (qdisc , filter , class) on the interfaces ?

Thanks you very much ,

Ngo Hoang Giang

Do you Yahoo!?