Re: mixing u32 and fwmark

You can send the marked packets with 1 in a chain, and marked packets
with 2 in other chain, and then re-mark them based on
source/destination ips, and you will use only fw filters. What Cata
said looks damn intersting (I'll check that later). You may also sniff
the traffic with tcpdump and see if the tos value of internet is
different than the one from your country , so you can use only u32
filters. Another tool that might help you is mipclasses from
http://metropolitana.loginet.ro/

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:47:36 +0200, Kasp <waters@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!

There is one thing I can't do. In my country we have to pay
> for
"foreign" internet. Local internet is cheap and fast, but foreign
> is
slow and expensive. So I want do following:

mark every packet with
> iptables, where --set-mark 1 for foreign
internet, but --set-mark 2 for
> local internet
next when I got all traffic marking, I need to assign traffic
> to users
so I make classes, like:

tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1:
> htb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 900kbps ceil
> 900kbps

tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 30kbps
> ceil 500kbps

tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:10 classid 1:11 htb rate
> 10kbps ceil 10kbps

tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:10 classid 1:12 htb
> rate 30kbps ceil 50kbps

and now I have very big problem! How do I
> assign certain speed for
certain IP (and also looking is it local or foreign
> internet)

If I just set:
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: protocol ip prio
> 4 handle 0x1 fw classid 1:11

then it will affect all my users, but I need
> set this to each user
individually (each class) just to get sure, every user
> gets certain speed.

Actually it seems, I need to combine fwmark with u32
> classifier or
something.
What do you sugest to do? I can't find a solution

--
Bla bla