Re: Dynamic traffic shaping or ATM like classes

tiago schreiner wrote:
Is it possible to dynamically do bandwidh reservation?

That is, I want to limit the traffic to 50% for upload
and download, but if there aren't onbound traffic, who
is doing a download will get 100% of bandwidh and if
there aren't inbound traffic, who is doing a upload
will get 100%, but if there are both inbound and
outbount traffic, each one get limited to 50%.

So you want to shape for a half duplex link ?

Andy.

I think this is similar to ATM classes _with a twist_.
I could put download ATM traffic in VBR(Variable Bit
Rate), and put upload in ABR (Available Bit Rate). If
there aren't VBR traffic, ABR could use the full
bandwidth.