maybe OT, Linux TCP programming

Is there a way in Linux socket programming, when using TCP sockets to be
able to require notifications of when the TCP ACK packets are received.

If I send some data over a TCP socket, I'd like to know for sure
if the data reached its recipient. A blocking "send" call, that blocks
until all ACK's for the data are received back, would be good enough.

--
damjan | ÐÐÐÑÐÐ
This is my jabber ID --> damjan@xxxxxxxxxxxx <-- not my mail address!!!