Re: Classful Queuing

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 10:46:01PM -0500, rsenykoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >But will the mark still exist after the encryption/encapsulation?
> >>not so about ingres, but the marking stay with the packet after the enc
> >>( well on 2.6 with native stack it does).  I use this for marking
> >>packets.
>
> Isn't this going to depend on whether you are encrypting the whole packet
> (VPN style) or just the data portion of the packet (SSL style)?

I use it to mark parkets that are then esp enc.  I am using in currently
with 2.6 and native ipsec stack to mark all packets that come in as esp
and then are de - enc, I allow these through the firewall. This was my
way around the old the problem of how to setup the firewall when the
ipsecX interface dissappeared.

I beleive the packet is encaped in place not duplicate.  Then the new
packet is refeed back in to netfilter.

Alex