-----Mensaje original-----
De: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de Tiago Bruno Espírito Santo Silva
Enviado el: Domingo, 10 de Octubre de 2004 12:14
Para: LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re:  Use l7-filter in/and TCNG.

Thanks Alexis!

So you are saying to me that it's better use TC instead of TCNG, i'll try
your idea thanks again!

Alexis wrote:

First you need to mark the packet, mark is on the mangle table.
L7 is a match condition, so, in order to mark the packets this could be an example

Suppose eth0 as lan int and eth1 as wan and the linux box forwarding between those interfaces

The example to mark a packet, lets say with a pattern called bla1

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto bla1 -j MARK --set-mark 55

Now, you’ve marked all packets with the pattern defined as bla1 in /etc/protocols

So, you must classify those packets.

First create the qdisc

tc disc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb default 99

Now you must create the root htb class
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100kbps ceil 100kbps

Now the class for your marked traffic with 90kbps of bw

tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 90kbps ceil 90kbps

Now the default class for other non marked traffic

tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:99 htb rate 10kbps ceil 10kbps

Now you must apply the filters to assing traffic to the classes

tc filter add dev eth1 protocol ip parent 1: prio 0 handle 55 fw flowid 1:10

And now, not mandatory but a good idea, add some discipline to the htb classes (defaults are pfifo, but I prefer sfq)

tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:10 handle 10: sfq perturb 10 tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:99 handle 10: sfq perturb 10

And that’s it. Now try to generate some traffic and use tc -s -d class show dev eth1 and check for the results.

This example is very basic but I think it can help.

Regards