Use l7-filter in/and TCNG.

Hello every one!

I'm making a project to a discipline in the university and the project is make a Linux router that grants QoS to Multimedia connections (the prof. say we can use Open Source Soft. :) or reinvent the wheel). I have been googeling and googeling and i found the l7-filter in source forge and the spectacular simple language that is TCNG. Well the problem is how can i mark packets with netfilter and l7-filter and after that make my HTBs with TCNG. I have read the how to from TCNG (my English is not at 100%) and i see the external program declaration but i think thats not it that i want! In the l7-filter project they talk about TC but TCNG it much more simpler!
Can some one help me? (if there are any post in this mailing list about this matter, please give me the link i couldn't find it :( )

Thanks in advance

Tiago.