Re: Does anyone have a working proxyARP setup?

Martin Volf wrote:

> gypsy wrote:
> > gypsy> ifconfig eth0 x.x.x.96 broadcast x.x.x.111 netmask
> > 255.255.255.240
> > gypsy> ifconfig eth1 x.x.x.96 broadcast x.x.x.111 netmask
> > 255.255.255.240
>
> I think you can't use x.x.x.96 here, because it is the address of your network
> x.x.x.96/28. Useable ip addresses are .97 - .110. And you can't have the same
> ip address and netmask on two interfaces. Use maybe 'netmask 255.255.255.255'
> on one of them.
> --
> Martin

I have tried all IPs in the range, but I have not tried different
netmasks.  Thanks for that tip.

Could you please post the output of 'route -n', 'ip route' and 'ip neigh
show' as well as any 'ip route [add|del|*]' commands you run?

I really believe that either the kernel thinks there are spoofed IPs or
- most likely - that my routing table is junk.

Here is a quote from http://www.sjdjweis.com/linux/proxyarp/ which is
why I set both the same:

> After you have the above steps done, you will need to configure your network cards. This step should be done off of the
> network since you may end up with some conflicting addresses. Give two NIC's identical IP addresses, subnet masks, and
> gateways. The IP you choose needs to be an unused address on your network. In my case, I used x.x.x.98, since my router is
> at x.x.x.97. You could actually use about any address on the wire that isn't in use.

gypsy