Delay packets by 50ms

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a tiny problem that is trivial to
solve using dummynet (FreeBSD).

I just want to add a delay of 50ms to each outgoing
packet from an interface. This is to simulate a large
pool of multiple modem users so I also need to add b/w
limits etc (which seems to be easy to do).

>From the mailing list I could fine 2 qdiscs that can
simulate latency : "delay" & "netem". Neither of them is
working on my setup though ( Fedora core2 [2.6.5] or RHEL
3.0 update 2 or gentoo [2.6.8] ). Is something special
needed to enable these qdiscs ?

I tried applying the patch
(http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/net/0403.2/0019.h
tml) and recompiled the kernel but the tc command returns
"RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument".

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks much,
-ansh