heavy uploads

Hi all

iam using Iptables+TC+HTB on Redhat 9
working fine with the bandwidth control

I am taging my eth1 with Vlan interface with Cisco Switch
when even though i have mention ceil, its crossing more than Ceil, when they are effected Virus in their network or DoS attacks,

its should be control the mentioned Ceil right, why this uploads are increaing..

when the uploads are increased all the users in the switch are getting effected

how can i solve this problem, does any one have come across this kind of problem, if so, recomend me

hare