Guaranteed rate per class and maximum ceiling per element in class???

Hi all,

It is my understanding that with HTB, the rate and the ceiling are divided over the elements of the class. E.g. using a rate of 100 kb and a ceiling of 2000 kb for a class with 10 elements on a 100Mb NIC, the effect of the ceiling will be that if all elements are generating their maximimum possible trafic they will be effectively limited to ~ ceiling / number of elements, in this case 2000/10 = 200.

But what I want is that any individual within a class is limited to an amount that is smaller that the class ceiling while maintaining the class ceiling.

Is it possible to achieve a guaranteed rate per class, a ceiling per class AND maximum ceiling per individual element in class using TCNG 1.3 on Linux (Debian 2.6 kernel)? Otherwise?

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14