Re: Slipt 2 ISP strange routing problem

Robert Kurjata wrote:

Hello guillaume,

g> guillaume wrote:

Robert Kurjata wrote:

Cytowanie guillaume <guillaume.riviere@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Dear all Lartc,
I try to split my Internet access to my 2 ISP with 1 linux (GNU/Debian sarge) 3 NIC router,
I want all my users conneted with ISP1 and just some IP connected
with ISP2
Here is my configuration:

[cut out a part]

I would suggest slight change in fw rules below

# special rules for some IPs to go on second ISP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 10.117.71.1 -j MARK --set-mark 34

# SNAT RULES

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j SNAT --to 1.2.3.4
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth2 -j SNAT --to 5.6.7.8

and trying the script below. It was taken from my Multipath/Policy
routing case
by wipeing out a multipath part, so its is lsightly too much, but I
suppose (I
didn't check) it should work. It is supposed to seamlesly integrate
with multipath routing that's why so big,
the idea behind is:
1. remove default routing from main table,
2. take care of routing from correct interface (correctness of source
IP/ source
interface pair),
3. policy routing of selected clients (table 210)
4. default routing of the others (table 211)
Of course you can leave it for the main table, but for the sake of
example
i left it this way.

Hope it can help.

[cut out a part]

Dear Robert,

I try this script (adapted for my network) and I get the same problem:

All my IP routed on my first ISP, no problem
With my 10.117.71.1 routed on my second ISP,
I can connect to my ISP network (I can connect to the gateway website
on 5.6.7.9) but
I cannot ping any external IP addresses.

g> I also test a DNAT rule to access to my internal network with my second g> ISP external g> IP ... And it works fine, no problem ...

g> iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING  -p tcp -d 1.2.3.4   --dport 80  -j DNAT
g> --to 10.117.71.2:80 # my web server

g> I don't know how to make this work for Inside -> outside connection ...

g> Guillaume
g> _______________________________________________

Of course I have the patches from Julian Anastasov applied
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes , maybe that's the point

In a first time no,
but now, yes I have apply the routes-2.6.8-10.diff find on http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes-2.6 <http://www.ssi.bg/%7Eja/routes-2.6.8-10.diff>
by patch "patch -p1 < route-2.6.8-10.diff" there is no differences ...
I could not access to Internet with our without the pach,

How can I be sure that this pach is on my current kernel ?

I will try to re-apply the pach and recompile my kernel.

Thank you,
Guillaume