Citrix and QoS

Thanks to all the content from the archives and the HOWTO, I've got a QoS bridge running, based off the Dante script http://www.compsci.lyon.edu/mcritch/dante/  --> http://www.compsci.lyon.edu/mcritch/dante/shape.sh.eth0

While we are experiencing a marked improvement in Citrix consistency, I still feel there is room for improvement. Citrix sends a LOT of small packets. It is basically a very thin stream. The only thing I can really see benefitting us more would be to break up large packets so that Citrix packets don't wait for large packets to complete sending.  We also run H323, and QoS has helped immensely in eliminating dropped packets and interference between H323 and the more important (lower priority) Citrix class.

Would lowering the MTU size be safe in order to force packets to be fragmented? What kind of negative impacts should I expect / look for with this? I'm not sure what the packet size our H323 units use... I guess I could use Ethereal to check it out. May depend on settings as well.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!