Re: problems with tc

On 24/08/04 Michael P. Soulier did say:

> People,
>
> I'm trying to set up the tc filters for a PRIO queue. I'm basing it off
> of marked traffic via iptables. For example, I've marked two classes of
> traffic with ids "2" and "4", and now I'm filtering those to bands 1 and
> 2.
>
> tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: prio 0 protocol ip \
>     handle 2 fw flowid 10:1
> tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: prio 1 protocol ip \
>     handle 4 fw flowid 10:2
>
> This works fine, but now I'd like to add a "catch all" rule to send
> everything else to band 10:3. According to the Advanced Routing HOWTO,
> this should work:
>
> tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: prio 2 flowid 10:3
>
> But, it doesn't...
>
> Unknown filter "flowid", hence option "10:3" is unparsable
>
> Also, after adding in ingress queue, I can't seem to remove it.
>
> tc qdisc del dev eth0 ingress
>
> I get: RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
>
> This is on an updated RedHat 7.3 box.
>
> [root@sme61a2-1 root]# uname -a
> Linux sme61a2-1 2.4.20-18.7 #1 Thu May 29 08:32:50 EDT 2003 i686 unknown
> [root@sme61a2-1 root]# rpm -q iproute
> iproute-2.4.7-7.80.1
>
> Any help appreciated.

So no one knows the answers to these questions? Perhaps the HOWTO should
be updated to reflect the fact that the commands given simply don't
work, or that the implementation is broken with certain kernels/iproute
versions. That would help greatly instead of fumbling in the dark like
this.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier@xxxxxxxxx>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Networks Corporation