Re: imq question

You cant shape router upload or imq will crash.
also that imq will not be able to shape traffic per each loacal ip with filters, but you can easily mark packets with iptables in forward of prerouting chain.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 1:32 AM
Subject: imq question

Hi

I've a stupid question. How can I shape upload using IMQ?
Instead of putting a rule in iptables in PREROUTING should i use POSTROUTING?
And another question is, can I make routing rule based on ip addresses assigned by iptables to an imq device?
The idea is, let's say i have some rules in iptables like: -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/16 -j IMQ --todev 0
Can i route this class thru another ip, something like fwmark is doing? with iptables marking the packets and ip rule fwmark?

Best regards,
Alin