(no subject)

Hi

I set-up a gre tunnel between two linux boxes.
A short diagram is like this

lan1 -> router1 ----- router2 <- lan2

The tunnel works fine, i can ping from lan1 to lan2 but the problem is the speed between lan1 and lan2 is lower than it supposed to be
If i log in to router1 and transfer something from router2 or lan2 it is working at maximum speed, 1024kbits/s. The problem is if i log in to a computer in lan1 and try to transfer something either from router2 or lan2 is working very poor, with 256kbits or worse.
I also tried to add that line in iptables with --clamp-mss... same no luck :(
I ran out of ideas and this is driving me crazy. PLease help!