RE: Hashing table based on FWMARK

The hash tables created with:

tc filter add ... handle A: u32 divisor B

and distributed to with:

tc filter add ... u32 ht C:: match ... hashkey mask D at E link A:

the first line creates a hash table A with B entries and the second line
directs packets to the table entries based on the result of applying the
mask D to the match value. This substantially reduces the number filters
that need to be searched for each packet since the kernel can simply use the
hashkey as an index into the table.

What I want to do is direct packets to hash table entries based on the
firewall mark. I only see documentation and directing packets to hash table
entries using the u32 selector. Since the firewall mark is not part of the
packet itself, I can't use u32.

Paul C. Diem
PCDiem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx