Hacking wondershaper...

Hi,

First time post to list - hope I've not messed up on the etiquette!

I have a server running in a DMZ behind a wireless ADSL router. I recently implemented wondershaper, which did exactly what it should have, but, of course, knobbled the local bandwidth into the server too, as it's going via the same (and only) interface. So, I've been playing with wondershaper, trying to set it up so that local traffic (to AND from my local netmask) gets the full 100Mbit bandwidth of the card, whereas Internet traffic is shaped within the 400kbit down/200kbit up limits. While I was at it, I thought I'd also look at implementing some high priority ports, too...

Now, I can get the local traffic to go down a new qdisc I created, but I can't get it to give it the full speed, and I think I'm coming up against my level of knowledge here, even with the help of the faq! Could someone take a look at my script and let me know if they can see where I'm going wrong? Or is it just not possible to shape to such a wild degree?

(Script not attached, due to list considerations. Please ask for it offlist, or if it's OK, I'll post here...)

Thanks in advance guys,

Me...

--
John Sullivan Y si el Hombre debe tener a un enemigo
john@xxxxxxxxxx Déjalo ser su orgullo bélico...