Re: iptables marking problems and ip route not working

> The iptables, ip rule and ip route statements are lifted right out of the docs:
>
> #iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t mangle -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark
> 1
> #ip rule add fwmark 0x1 table www.out
> #ip route add default via $ETH1_GW dev eth1 table www.out

I think that the problem here is in the first line above. This should
set the mark on packets inbound on eth0 with a desination port of 80,
whereas you want to mark outbound on eth0 (if I read your post
correctly). As a test, try just removing the "-i eth0" and see if that
results in some marks being set as you intend.

HTH,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 07092 020107