Re: Failover connection question

As I understood you have two connections and one is not used until the
second comes down?
If yes try to add script to cron which chekcs if connection is up (ping
your's provider router) and if it's down simply it shoud up the second
interface and add new default route :
ifconfig ......
route del default
route add default .......
Is it what you want ?

> I'm still trying to figure out this problem, I appreciate any
suggestions...

> What I'd like to do is have a second default gateway path that never gets
taken unless the first one goes into the "dead" state.  I have installed
Julian's patch and it works great for loadballanced connections using the
nexthop code, but I would like to setup the second default route to be the
failover only if the first one becomes unavailable.  Is this possible?  How
might I do this?