shaping passive ftp traffic

Hi,

I have tried unsuccesfully to limit my ftp server send speed in linux. I have an ipcop linux firewall/router with 2 nics. 1 nic (eth1) is connected to a 3mbit/384Kbit cable connection and the other (eth0) a switch. Behind it i have a suse linux box and a windows box.

On the suse box i run proftpd. I need to shape my passive ftp send speed to 34KBytes because if it is maxed out at 45K it slows down all surfing on the entire network.

I have tried running wondershaper-htb on the ipcop firewall and it limits my upload speed, but it still seems to slow down everything else a little bit. I notice a slow www experience however my ping times are good.

Is there a simple way to just put a limit on the traffic coming from the passive ports (50000-51000) from my proftpd computer? I just want to set a limit on ftp and not affect anything else.

I have looked at all the documentation and I must admit that I dont understand any of it. It all seems to be too complicated for my needs.

I hope someone out there is doing what I am trying to do.

Thanks,
Mark