ebtables and HTB bandwidth shaping - change frame or packet sizes

Hallo

I have recently implemented a Fedora core 2 Linux box with ebtables and HTB
for doing some traffic shaping

What I would like to know is if there are some way to change the packet or
frame sizes of the traffic that passes through this type of system. If  I am
understand correctly this will also help with the bandwidth, maybe not on
throughput but definitely on continues throughput if the data line is
running in the 99% utilization.

We had a demo on our data line with a system called packeteer, and it seems
as if this product intercepts the packet and changes the packet or frame
size and therefore the traffic will not hog the bandwidth that easily. This
how ever is a very expensive product and if one can do it on Linux why not.

I have more or less the same queues setup than what was the case for the
packeteer demo and currently I do not see that big a change than with
packeteer.

Can someone give me some advice and if at all possible give me an indication
of how to go about to do this.

Groete / Regards
Thomas