Re: Layer 7 netfilter not working

Jason Boxman wrote:

On Friday 09 July 2004 14:58, FB wrote:
<snip>

Doesn't change anything :-(
BTW, when I use the setting from the NETFILTER HOWTO page:

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto http -j MARK
--set-mark 1

and change it (as written in the howto under "blocking") to:
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto http -j REJECT

I get an "iptables: Invalid Argument" when executing the script, how
that? (I must admit that I am not that iptable expert, so excuse some
lack of knowledge of all the chains and structures ;) )

More of a question for the netfilter list, but it sounds like you may not have compiled in support for the REJECT target. You should have ipt_REJECT in the output when you do an `lsmod` if you compiled it as a module.

Can you REJECT in the mangle table?