RED/GRED implementation for InBound Traffic Control (from ISP)

Hi all,

	Can anyone show me pointers on how to get this implemented on a Linux
box with tc rules?

I also want to know, just how efficient is this Algorithm. AFAIK,
inbound traffic control can't really be achieved without losing
bandwidth.
In some of the howtos' I've read, one guy had to limit his downspeed to
1/2 his bandwidth to actually control it. And he was saying that the
only way to actually efficiently control inbound traffic control is to
use TCP windowshaping which there is not an oss implementation of it.

Can anyone please shed light on this?

FWIW, this discussion was in
http://my-opensource.org/lists/myoss/2004-07/msg00051.html
http://my-opensource.org/lists/myoss/2004-06/msg00167.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-July/msg01492.html

Thanks

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel