possibly simple priority question

Greetings list folk.. I have been reading up on QOS for a short time now with the idea of solving one problem I have but I cant seem to piece together a working system to do so. I have a linux box acting as a home gateway system running Gentoo and vanilla 2.4.26. I have a vonage uhh voip device that is connected behind the router. There are only 3-4 other hosts on the network. All I really need to do is have my linux machine understand that -any- traffic from the vonage host gets top priority over any other hosts. Sounds fairly simple. Ive tried a few examples of things using cbq or htb and have tried to hack somethings together myself with no real good results. I would like to know if anyone has any simple solutions prio maybe or know a good direction in which to read up. Ive read through the lartc howto (which was excellent!) and been to the home page for htb but I can never find what what I need to solve the problem and I guess I havent learned near enough to piece together what I need.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks very much in advance.
Dave Cooper