Re: Is Linux based Router feasible

1mbps & 256 kbps  :'(

Michael 'Moose' Dinn wrote:

I've a local LAN consisting of about 150 machines. I'm using a Linux machine as the gateway machine which inturn connects to two different ISPs. My question is can a Linux based machine match the performance of a

How fast is your internet connection? A Pentium 133 will happily run wire speed for 10M ether, and most places don't have 10M of incoming bandwidth...

for reference, we have a Duron 800 running 3 net connections for a total of
about 10M with virtually no load.