Difficulties with filtering based on TOS byte

Hi all,

I want to setup link sharing with a filter that places traffic into different queues based
on values within the TOS byte. Strangely I can't get this to work. I use the following
command for the filter:

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip tos 0x10 0xff flowid
1:10

I then mark the packets on the user machine using the 'mangle' table in iptables. I
have captured the packets on the wire, examined them and the tos field is set
correctly. Yet it is ignored on my router and packets are sent to the default queue.

As a test I changed the filter to place packets marked with a tos byte of 0x00 to flowid
1:10 and despite the packets being marked as minimum delay (0x10) they were now
sent to the correct queue. No problems are presented when I place packets into
different queues based on a source address or a port number.

Has anyone else experiences problems like this or know what might be causing it?
Its very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
--