CBQ - priority, config seems good but delay is large, need sb's advice!

Hello,

My name is Adam and I try to get PQ by means of CBQ. Sorry for writing about
such a problems but I struggle with this for 2 weeks .. I have searched the
LARTC archive till 2000 and everyone say using priorities lowers delay.. but
it does NOT.

I can NOT see ANY difference when using priorities in CBQ (especially from
the delay point of view!!!!!!!!) - in comparioson to CBQ witohout
priorities. I did dozens of tests and CBQ and for packets less than 512
bytes delay is saw tooth chart changing (oscillating) from less than 1ms to
8ms periodically. .

Is there something wrong with my configuration???

My configuration is like this:

link bandwidth:
	2Mbps

2 queues:
	priority - bounded to 200kbps
	best effort - at least 1.3Mbps (+ the rest of the link that is unused)

traffic generated:
	priority - ca. 200kbps but less than (periodic, for different packet sizes
but rate constant: 96,128,256,512Bytes)
	best effort - 2Mbps (periodic, 1000Bytes packets)

	(so the summ of both flows is always MORE that link bandwidth which is
2Mbps)

My configuration is like this:

# Root
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit avpkt 1000 cell

# Main Class
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
1000kbit maxburst 10 allot 1000 cell 8 avpkt 1000 bounded isolated
# Prio
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
100Kbit  weight 10Kbit  prio 1 allot 1000 cell 8 maxburst 10 avpkt 1000
# Best effort
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:3 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
650Kbit weight 65Kbit prio 2 allot 1000 cell 8 maxburst 10 avpkt 1000

#IPv4 filters
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip src
192.168.2.2 classid 1:2
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 3 u32 match ip src
192.168.3.2 classid 1:3

please tell me if the weight parameter can mess with prio value?

regards

adam