Re: bandwidth shaping based on trafic on other host

On Sunday 20 June 2004 19:33, Pedro Zorzenon Neto wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> It's been 4 days since I posted a question and did not receive any
> answer. Can you give me a hint if linux 'tc' 'iproute2' tools are
> able to do what I need?
>
> I don't even know if they can do this and I should continue trying to
> use them for my needs. It seems that what I asked is very hard to do.
> I don't want the problem fully solved in a reply, just some hint will
> be great!
>
> My first post it at:
>   http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2004q2/012709.html
>
> If the lartc list is not the correct place for my question, please let
> me know.
It is the correct place.

Regarding your question, it can be done.
It's best if you can shape on both internet routers.
You can make sure  200.y.y.6 gets 96kbs by putting the traffic in a different
class.

As hint: use htb and start reading the pages on lartc.org and docum.org.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"