Re: priorities + htb

Abraham van der Merwe wrote:

Hi!

How does prioritization work when you've got a tree structure, e.g.

I think the whole idea of linux QOS is that it dequeues up the tree until it reaches the net interface. So effectively I think you evaluate each leaf in turn on the way up the tree

If for example you have some queue which gives 50:50, and below one leaf you add another queue which gives 50:50 then I think those bottom leaves are getting 1/4 each.

I'm sure Andy or someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how you evaluate the whole QOS tree to see what will happen?

Ed W