Re: HTB theory?

OK then, could you tell if I understand correctly and correct me if not?

1. In order of priority, we satisfy all leaf classes' rates (while the class
is “green”)
2. When the leaf classes' rate is reached (all the leaf classes are “yellow”),
borrow the unused speed from parent classes if they have something to give
(if they are not “red”). In this case, each leaf class is equal to others
until their ceil is met or until they will have no parent to borrow from...
Or maybe their level matters?

I also think that:
1. Until all leaf classes' rate is met we even do not check anything else
(including ceil of parent classes)
2. the root queue is unlimited feed for the classes which are attached to it
directly

One think I do not understand neither for SFQ nor for HTB (please explain for
both) - how can we maintain fairness in case of differently-sizes packets. As
I understand, one packet is atomic unit, and interface is requesting not more
and not less than one packet. Now given a quantum for each leaf class in HTB
or the same for SQF (are they different in this process?) of 1500 bytes - do
they wait for more packets from one subclass (asking it once again in the
next turn, of course, if they have nothing to send, we switch to the
next...)? And if one subclass is providing 1500 packets in each turn, and
another subclass is providing 800-byte packets - will they be equal on the
amount of traffic they are allowed to send in case the real channel is
smaller than the sum of their effective ceil values?

(I am preparing for a seminar in which I will tell people how it works, so I
need to know this perfectly :))) )

Thanks,
Dmitry