Re: modified wondershaper script causes hardlock in server

Damion de Soto wrote:
> Hi Morten,
>> but after using this modified script, the server would at random
>> intervals cease to function, not answering ping, not showing anything in
>> the console. No pertinent log entries were made at the time either.
> You mean the console would be locked up and not responding ?
> Or did you mean you just couldn't find any network errors/logs on the console ?
>
> If it's locked up completely without a kernel panic or any other kind of error
> logged, I would tend to suspect a hardware problem.

complete hardlock

I did suspect hardware too, but when I moved the harddrive to another
box, the problem followed over..

I did move the two rtl8139 adapters too, and after a couple hardlocks,
removed one of them and used the integrated controller instead. That
seemed to fix it, but the next day it started locking all over again.

If I don't use wondershaper, the system is 100% stable.

Cheers,
--
Morten