Bandwidth Limiting using HTB?

Hello All,

I've been playing around with HTB and reading the various lists for information on how to limit bandwidth on a particular ip or mac address. If I understand correctly, in order to use HTB for this, I would have to create a separate root class for each ip address that I wanted to limit. I have tried this and it seems to work. This seems okay for a few ips, but seems excessive for 100+ addresses. Especially if you wanted to add some interactive traffic shaping. Is this how it's done or is there a better approach?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry