RE: Dual Redundant Network routing [Question]

> How do I get the autorerouting to work?

In order to 'sense' a dead link, you're going to have to use one of the
existing tools to do that (a part of heartbeatd), or role your own
network probe. There is no kernel component that does this.

If you're rolling your own, the most well used technique to detect a
dead link is pinging static hosts located on each network segment. Since
you are dual-redundant of the same network, you'll need top do a little
source routing. If you have a ping with the -j or the -I options, you
can cheat and socket bind ping to each physical network segement to test
the common IP's.

You will need to automate this process with either a persistent program
or maybe a cron script.

Once you detect a failure, you need to handle the outage. This can be
done with marking a route dead or changing the default route to the
other interface. This shouldn't be too hard.