Re: RV: RV: LATENCY PROBLEMS

GoMi wrote:

I thought of creating an htb class for each user, but as you said I haven't
got enough bw to do soo.

That’s why my setup only has 5 classes with WRR queues so I get sure each
user doesn’t affects the other users. On top of that I have an iplimit to a
maximum of 15 parallel connections per user.

So I get the following conclusions:
	A) change link
	B) upgrade to kernel 2.6 and use l7 filtering

Eventhough.. anyone suggesting alternative solutions?

At risk of sounding blunt. What's your problem? Can you not do some monitoring on the router and find out exactly what is happening?

Try looking at your bandwidth usage. For example, throttle bandwidth right back, and then look at the actual line usage - if it's maxing out then you know that for some reason the throttling is being defeated. Consider whether it's incoming or outgoing that is maxing out (you know that incoming is harder to throttle).

Also, since it's an adsl connection the overhead calculations for the line are significantly out, especially if you have many small packets on your network. It could be that the ATM overhead is eating up bandwidth? Try the patch suggested a few days ago?

I think if you can find out what is happening then it would be easier to design a fix?

Ed W