Re: Packet marking for ingress shapping and NET

Patrick Spousta wrote:

It looks working fine :-) I never found any details about IMQ and NAT patch, it looks that packet processing in kernel has path

                |     PREROUTING chain       |
input interface -> contrack -> mangle -> nat -> imq

So which IMQ did you use - did you need to patch for NAT (there are different versions about)

ESFQ works fine, but only for ingress shapping over imq and NAT with destination hash (== download on private IPs). I'm trying to setup ESFQ on egress shaping for traffic from private to public IPs with source hash (upload from private) but qdisc sits after NAT, ie. packets source addresses are always the same public IP of external (wan) interface :-(

I try to use imq for egress shapping (on POSTROUTING chain), may it helps

I don't think IMQ will help - but you can mark local src in postrouting mangle OK. If you really want to use esfq, someone posted a patch on here a while back which made esfq hash on fwmark.

Andy.