Re: imap problems

On Thursday 06 May 2004 11:15, Lars Oeschey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm really new to traffic shaping and try to implement the wshaper.htb
> script.
> I have a linux box that serves as vdr, mldonkey, samba, apache and
> mailserver (imap), connected to my LAN with 100mbit. I'm connected to
> the inet via adsl with a hardware router/firewall, got 384k downlink 64k
> uplink. When I have mldonkey running, imap (via Outlook) gets *very*
> slow (mails with attachments take 5-10mins to show), and even ssh to the
> linux-box gets sluggish. I tried to put imap into the wshaper script,
> did I do something wrong?

Something I've found with mldonkey, if you're running with Overnet enabled, is
it likes to use tons of ports, so simply specifying 4662 for the Edonkey
network itself won't catch any of your Overnet traffic.  I'm looking into
using IPP2P to resolve this.

<snip>

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator