Newbie trying to throttle bandwidth

I apologize with what may be some very basics questions. I'm trying to go through sections 9 and 15 of the LARTC FAQ, but my head can't quite grasp what's going on. I'll keep going through them to see if something clicks, but meanwhile I was hoping someone might point me in the direction that I should focus my efforts.

The server at our church is running Gentoo Linux and has ~500Kbps up/down SDSL connection to the world. We offer online sermons both for RealAudio streaming (16Kbps per stream) and downloading via HTTP. The problem is that someone with a fast pipe of their own (DSL/cable/etc.) can download 1 or more sermons and slurp up all the bandwidth, reducing the RealAudio streams to a trickle and causing lots of "rebuffering" for anyone trying to listen.

So ideally, I'd like to create a policy something like this:

1) SSH connections (port 22) (i.e. me connecting remotely) get all the bandwidth they can consume.

2) RealAudio streaming clients (port 554) get all the bandwidth left after #1 that they can consume.

3) Web downloaders (port 80) get all the bandwidth left after #1 and #2 that they can consume.

So if nothing else is going on, downloaders should be allowed to have 100% of the bandwidth. But if, for example, 6 people start using RealAudio streams (16Kbps per stream * 6 = 96Kbps, or about 20% of the available bandwidth), then I'd like the 6 RA streams to have top priority so as to receive clean, uninterupted streams. The downloaders (however many there are) would have the remaining 80% of the bandwidth to divide among themselves). And if some of the RA streamers then disconnected, the unused bandwidth should become available to the downloaders.

So what technique do I need to be looking at here? Is there a cookbook recipie that would apply to this situation?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction!