Re: Wrapping prio in tbf

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Stef Coene wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 15:05, John Meeks wrote:
[snip]
> > I'm using kernel 2.4.18, so htb doesn't work
> Htb should work.
(from FAQ section 9.5.5.1)
:~# tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 30
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

> > Here's what I was trying with cbq:
> >
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit avpkt 64 cell
> > 8
> >
> > tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
> > 5kbit weight .5kbit prio 8 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000
> > bounded
> Euh, 5kbit ???
I use 5kbit to test, to see if it's working at all.
The above doesn't work (it doesn't limit bandwidth).  Can you tell me
what's wrong with what I'm doing?

> See http://docum.org, you can find cbq scripts on the test pages.
The scripts use filters and limit it to ports, I want to try limiting the
whole bandwidth.  I tried to modify the scripts but I can't get it to
limit the bandwidth.

I want to come up with a script to do what I want, the first step is to
figure out how to just limit bandwidth with cbq with no other options, but
I haven't figured this out yet.

What would I need to do, with cbq, to limit total bandwidth to 5kbps?  I
think I can figure it out from there.

> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Keep in mind I'm new at this (never
> > heard of tc before yesterday).
> No problem.
Thanks.