Re: When the inside functions of a sfq are called ?

Adrian Saileanu wrote:
  I read the sched/qdiscs code from kernel source ... and I have some
questions :

When the .enqueue, .dequeue, .drop, .requeue functions are called ?

Do you mean in sfq.c - ie sfq_enqueue etc. Maybe you mean something else.

What
is the event that triggers them and how often this event apears ( per
second ? ) ?

I don't know as such, but always assumed that when attached to HTB - a packet gets enqueued if there aren't enough (c)tokens to send it and dequeued when there are. As for timing I don't think sfq uses any - it's up to whatever it is attached to.

sfq_drop is called from sfq_enqueue when the queue is full. It drops from the longest slot.

requeue - don't know.

Andy.