Load Balancing w/ Proxies

Hello all.

I have load balancing (DSL + Cable) ala nano HOWTO + some modifications. Works great.

      LAN

  -----------
  | LOAD    |
  |BALANCER |
  -----------
  |         |
Firewall  Firewall
  |         |
Cable      DSL
Modem      Modem
  |         |
Internet Internet

I would like to be able to define proxies for certain applications so that I can force
them to use a particular interface and thus control if they go out cable vs DSL. You think
I could install some kind of proxy on the load balancing box and achieve this or will I need
to make two proxy server boxes, one off each external interface on the load balancer?

I'm using the load balancer for home office use. I want to specify, say for streaming video to use
the cable modem, as it has a much higher download rate. I know I could create some static routes
for certain ports (I have already done this using mangle) but I don't want to have to do
this every time I configure a new application. By having 'proxies' any application that supports
proxy server can be configured for a particular interface. It could be quite convenient. It doesn't
need to be a true proxy like Squid, just something to relay the traffic.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated,
-Ron