From: "andybr" <andybr@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lartc List" <lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 6:00 PM
Subject:  Control Bandwidth

Hi all,

I need a little help, i am studing htb to control user
bandwidth (download/upload) and I made a script as
below to test. I am testing using ttcp tool from by
linux box to other linux (192.168.200.51).
my box <---- Linux =ore than 128kbit
mybot -----> Linux =et 128kbit

But I want to control both ways, what am I missing?

script:
EXTIF=h0
INTIF=h1
TC=bin/tc
DOWN8
UPd
IP2.168.200.201
##################
#
$TC qdisc del $EXTIF root 2> /dev/null > /dev/null
#
$TC qdisc add dev $EXTIF root handle 0: htb default 1
$TC class add dev $EXTIF parent 0: classid 1 htb rate
128Kbit ceil 128Kbit
#
$TC filter add dev $EXTIF protocol ip parent 0:0 prio 1
u32 match ip src $IP flowid 1
$TC filter add dev $EXTIF protocol ip parent 0:0 prio 1
u32 match ip dst $IP flowid 1

Thanks,
Anderson